Copper River Basin Child Advocacy Center
PO Box 103
Gakona,  AK 99586
907 822 3733 phone
1 866 815 0626 fax

Follow us on

Report Child Abuse

If you suspect child abuse of any kind- REPORT IT.  Call the Office of Children's Services at
1 800-478-4444r the Alaska State Troopers at 907 822-3263.
  • You do not have to know all of the details, but be prepared to share what you do know.
  • You do not need to have heard a disclosure of abuse directly from the child.
  • You can remain anonymous (unless you are considered a mandated reporter by law).
  • You can help a child by reporting abuse.
  • You can perpetuate positive change by refusing to ignore harm being done to a child.

A child should be interviewed at the CAC immediately if  an incident of abuse has taken place in the last 72 hours, if the abuser is in the home with the child, or if the child needs immediate medical attention.

The following link to the Department of Health and Social Services webpage, explains signs of possible child abuse and neglect, who's mandated to report, and how reporting works.

Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect in Alaska

Website Builder